Monday, June 14, 2004

What do you believe?

I talk with a lot of people concerning what they believe. Do you believe Jesus is the Lord and he's coming for us? Will we follow him? Do you believe in heaven and hell? How can a man be God? How can a man be Satan?
Why do we follow leaders? Why don't we follow leaders? Why (really) did the Jews turn Jesus over to the Romans....they didn't follow Jesus, who was a Jew! I know, the whole "blasphemy" thing.

What about the Big Bang Theory? How many of you believe that?

What started all this today? Hmmm....I stopped in at Starbuck's this morning to buy a Cafe Mocha and saw a fellow who is always sitting at a table. He's a very nice man who I love talking with. I question why I'm drawn to him though. His name is Jim, he's in his 60's, married to a woman for 40+ years and always, always has three things at his table. A smile, a bible, and gum drop candy that's wrapped with a passage from the new testament. He is a preacher to anyone that will listen, but he's not a fanatic. He believes in the good Lord and that Jesus will save us all.
We had a debate whether the Jews believe that Jesus is the messiah or not. He, the Christian, will follow the Jews...knowing in his soul, that the Jews are the chosen people. Of course, this made me late getting to work!

If the Jews are the chosen people, what does that make everyone else?....What the heck does that really mean? Will I not find an answer to any of my questions until I die?
I watch, I listen, and stay open-minded.....I don't know what I believe.
Part of me believes in the "Horton Hears a Who" story, by Dr. Seuss!
What's wrong with that theory?

If anyone would like to comment,please do! Click the post comment link, then make sure you click on the link Anonymous, so you will not have to sign in. I'd love to talk with anyone concerning anything I post on here.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?