Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My 2cents for January

The end of January is always exciting for me because that's when the Motion Picture academy officially announces the nominees from the years previous films. Of course, I've viewed the majority of films that had been released in 2005. Not all of them were enjoyable, but hey, that's art and not all of it is pleasant to our senses.
March 5, 2006 is when the Academy Awards is. This is my Superbowl....I don't really care who wins the NFL final showdown. Football is a sport I sort of pay attention to, to help me get through the end of the MLB post season, to Opening Day! Yes, I like baseball...ALLOT. Can you guess which team I will ALWAYS route for? I'll give you a hint.....The Red Sox SUCK! Yes, that slam is for DJ, who unfortunately lives in Boston.
I have to thank my dad for taking me to my very first professional baseball game. I believe I was 8 years old when we went to the game. We were living on Long Island at the time, so we went to Shea Stadium for an afternoon game. I don't remember who the NY Mets were playing or which team won, but I do remember who was pitching for the Mets. Mr. Tom Seaver.
I'd taken my father to the 1999 World Series. NY Yankees vs. Atlanta Braves. Even though he's the NY Mets fan, we had a great time together.....Even though we were in the nosebleed seats. Roger Clemens pitched that game, which was game 4 (last game). For those of you that don't remember or know, the NY Yankees swept that series. Big fun for me!!!

Well, I started with film and ended with baseball...hmmm....Maybe I should investigate bringing those 2 together in a film.
Any thoughts on whether Brokeback Mountain will win any awards??? If you haven't seen it, you need to open your mind and your heart and go see it, you won't be sorry you did. You too GW Bush!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?