Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Photo and HTML Confusion

It's taken me awhile to understand how to post pictures on my blog. This should have been much easier than what I actually had to do to post a photo that was part of my profile!
First, I had to download third party software to post photographs here. Posting any picture on the blog is easy, but adding it to your profile....not so easy!
I don't know HTML, yet I was expected to know the coding for where the picture is stored on their server. WHAT????
Research, more research...we're a visual society.....why can't we just add pictures by drag and drop?
Sure, I did a new post, browsed to my hard drive, then uploaded the picture, publish the post, that was easy.
It becomes complicated after that.
Now I have to edit the post, look at the HTML and try to find out what it is I have to copy of the HTML so I can paste it in the URL box of the profile!
Try 1: ERROR
Try2: ERROR
WHAT THE HELL?????

More research.....

Try 3: SUCCESS! FINALLY

This shouldn't be so difficult......sure, I learned, but it was a royal pain in the butt. Now that a current photo of me is stored, I won't be changing it soon...
The next time I need to update the profile photo, I'll retain how to do so. What a stupid learning curve just to add that picture!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?